Office of Spokesperson and Outreach Officer
The Ministry of Justice of Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan, in accordance with the provisions of Mass Media Law and the Law on Access to Information, is committed to accountability towards media and the citizens of the country, and is always available to provide information, about the services of this Ministry.
The respected media, that require access to information on the activities of the Ministry, may coordinate with the Office of Spokesperson & the Outreach Officer of this ministry, and may get their required information in person, or via the telephone and other common means.
Likewise, citizens interested to receive different information on the activities of this ministry, may share their questions through the application form, and submit it to the officer in charge of accessing information of the spokesperson. The details and ways to communicate this person, is provided at the end of this page. The information required, will be provided to the valued applicants within the specified time period set forth in the Law on Access to Information.
Guideline to Use the Request for Information Form
Click on the link below to download and fill out of the request for information form. Then submit it to the officer in charge of accessing information for Press Department of Minister,s office Directorate.
You may also request for information via e-mail. But before that, download and fill out the following electronic form, and then send it to the email address of Outreach Officer.
Time Limit for Providing the Information
The outreach officer is obliged to deliver the requested information to you as soon as possible within ten days. This period may be extended to a further ten days should there exists some rational reasons. The Outreach Officer apologizes to provide you with the personal information of individuals including (name, surname, address of residence, place of work, personal and family life status, health documents, notes, correspondence, transactions, bank account, password and other information that is irrelevant to his official duties). Providing information to the media and journalists, and for the purpose of protecting the safety and freedom of a person, is not subject to this provision.
Providing the information is prohibited, where:
- It endangers the independence, national sovereignty, territorial integrity and public security;
- It possibly leads to cut-off the political, economic and cultural relations of Afghanistan with other countries;
- It puts at risk the life and property of a person;
- It prevents the detection of a crime or curbs the prevention of committing a crime;
- It disrupts the process of the detection, investigation and prosecution of the accused or the adoption of precautionary measures in this area;
- It interrupts the process of a fair trial or the enforcement of a verdict;
- It breaches a person's privacy;
- It relates to commercial issues, personal properties and bank account.
Abdul Rahman “Ahmadi”,Outreach Officer
Contact No: 0794866252
Address: Fourth Floor, Ministry of Justice