Department of Policy and Plan
The Department of Policy and Plan is one the main departments of the Ministry of Justice. This department was first established within the structure of Administrative Department as a sub directorate (Statistics and Plan). As per the need, it was elevated to the Directorate of Plan and Policy and later on, in 2009, in order to realize the five-years strategy of the Ministry (Law and Justice), and ultimately, the National Development Strategy of Afghanistan (ANDS), National Priority Program and so on, it was upgraded to the Department of Policy and Plan, within the framework of the Ministry of Justice.
The Department of Policy and Plan consists one sub department, one general sub directorate, and one administrative sub directorate.
- Sub department of Designing and Preparing Program and project monitoring: This sub department has a Board of Engineers and General sub directorate (Designing and Preparing Program and Project Monitoring).
- General sub directorate of Plan and Policy Analysis; it has an expert of plan analysis and provincial reports, an expert of plan analysis and central reports, and a sub directorate of statistics and data collection.
- Administrative sub directorate; It has one sub director and an administrative clerk.
Objectives of the Department of Policy and plan:
- To design and develop the general policy of the Ministry of Justice.
- To analyzing the strategy of the Ministry of Justice and the Justice sector.
- To plan and design development projects of the Ministry in order to propose to the government and obtain development funds.
- To provide technical consultation about planning and reporting system to other central and provincial departments, if needed.
- To classify and sort out the requirements of the relevant units’ of the Ministry in the center and provinces, taking the proposed priorities into account, in preparing the development plan.
- To develop an information database of the Ministry of Justice in order to strengthen the planning system, reporting, development projects and ultimately, the development of the Ministry’s policy.
The Main Duties of the Department of Plan and Policy
- To analysis and consolidate the implementation plans of the relevant departments of the ministry in order to present to the relevant competent authorities;
- To design and prepare the planning and reporting guidance, collecting information and the strategic plan indications and sending them to the departments in the center and the second units;
- To design and prepare the National Action Plan of Combating against Corruption and the National Program of Reform of the Justice and Judicial Sector in the Ministry of Justice;
- To collect the data and informative statistics, requirements of the ministry in order to design and prepare the development plan;
- To design the development plan on the basis of information, data and the gathered, indicatives of plan, at the central and provincial level, and defending the development budget in the relevant sources;
- To prepare proposals of the development projects in accordance with the ministry’s strategy;
- To collect, consolidate and analyze the reports of implementing the work plans of the departments and presenting it to the relevant competent authorities;
- To establish coordination and monitoring of the implementation of projects in accordance with the policy, strategy and the implementation plan and presenting their reports to the relevant authorities;
- To participate in meetings of the inter-ministerial technical committee (Policy Making and Planning).