Office of the Chief of Staff
The Office of the Chief of Staff, is one the main departments of Ministry of Justice of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan. This Directorate for the first time established in 1964 under the title of Sub-directorate of Documentations, for the purpose of coordination and liaison of the affairs and communicating with other ministries and government agencies. At that time, the Ministry of Justice and the Office of the Attorney General were working within the same structure (tashkeel).
In 1992, with the victory of Mujahideen and the establishment of the Islamic State of Afghanistan, the Sub-directorate of Documentations was upgraded to the Directorate of Documentations. Then, in 2005, in cooperation with Independent Commission of Administrative and Civil Services Reform, the Directorate of Documentations got changed to the Office of the Chief of Staff.
The Structure (Tashkeel) of the Office of the Chief of Staff
- Executive Secretary of office of minister: 1 post;
- Protocol Secretary of the office of minister: 1 post;
- Interpreter of the office of the minister: 1 post;
- Executive Secretary of office of Deputy Ministers: 3 posts;
- Executive Sub-directorate: 1 post and the CCTV Camera Personnel: 2 posts;
- Sub-directorate of Archives, 2 posts of Executive Officer, 2 posts of Postal Services Officer, 2 posts of maintenance officer, and 2 posts of storehouse officer.
- General Sub-directorate of Documentation and liaison; This sub-directorate has 1 post of sub-directorate of confidential documents, 1 post of sub-directorate of Documents and Liaison, 1 post of Confidential Documents Clerk, 1 post of Executive Clerk, and 1 post of Registering Applications/Requests.
- Sub-directorate of Petitions and Reception; It has 1 post of Clerk of Petitions, 1 post of Reception.
The Main Goal of Chief of Staff Office
The Chief of Staff Office of the Ministry of Justice, has been established in order to coordinate the internal affairs of the ministry and establish liaison with other ministries, government organizations and the general public.
The Main Duties of Chief of Staff Office
- To receive and dispatch orders, special directives and letters of the minister and deputy ministers to relevant authorities;
- To receive the confidential and special letters, of other authorities for the Ministry of Justice and to hand them over to the minister and the deputy ministers;
- To receive files/dossiers, letters and proposals, in order to get the required direction and to execute them according to the directives;
- To obtain orders and directives from the minister and communicating them to the relevant authorities;
- To gather information on performances of all the relevant departments of the ministry and analyzing those performances, monthly, quarterly and annually in order to scrutinize and remove the deficiencies;
- To prepare the agendas of meetings of the ministry, meetings of the leadership council and to take part in those meeting;
- To prepare the decisions of the leadership council and notify the relevant authorities; and
- To prepare the documents and work plans of the minister and the deputy ministers.